Doughnuts
Comparing girls to doughnuts, I typed dubiously.
Yeah! See?
A moment later I got an e-mail in my box from Dave. I glanced over the listings; glazed, chocolate-glazed, double-chocolate, jelly, doughnut holes, burned doughnuts, striped doughnuts, twisted, the list went on. I read the definitions and thought quietly that I knew which doughnut I would be before I even had to ask.
But ask I did.
What kind of doughnut do you think I am, Dave?
Er... Even his text sounded hesitant. You're a glazed doughnut, Chels.
I knew it.
Joe?
Chelz0r is my extra-cool Glazed doughnut, Joe replied promptly, followed by a couple of smiley-faces. As usual.
Refrigerated glazed? I asked, which he found amusing.
glazed doughnut (glayzd doh-nut) n.
1. a pastry covered in a glaze made of confectioner's sugar.
2. the doughnut most people settle on. It's not as exciting and enticing as most doughnuts, but it never lets you down and is always enjoyable. This is like the girl next door. Always there for you and comforting.
Someday... ooh. Someday I am going to be somebody's double-chocolate doughnut, and he will love me for all eternity.
Or maybe I'll just become a bagel.
Yeah! See?
A moment later I got an e-mail in my box from Dave. I glanced over the listings; glazed, chocolate-glazed, double-chocolate, jelly, doughnut holes, burned doughnuts, striped doughnuts, twisted, the list went on. I read the definitions and thought quietly that I knew which doughnut I would be before I even had to ask.
But ask I did.
What kind of doughnut do you think I am, Dave?
Er... Even his text sounded hesitant. You're a glazed doughnut, Chels.
I knew it.
Joe?
Chelz0r is my extra-cool Glazed doughnut, Joe replied promptly, followed by a couple of smiley-faces. As usual.
Refrigerated glazed? I asked, which he found amusing.
glazed doughnut (glayzd doh-nut) n.
1. a pastry covered in a glaze made of confectioner's sugar.
2. the doughnut most people settle on. It's not as exciting and enticing as most doughnuts, but it never lets you down and is always enjoyable. This is like the girl next door. Always there for you and comforting.
Someday... ooh. Someday I am going to be somebody's double-chocolate doughnut, and he will love me for all eternity.
Or maybe I'll just become a bagel.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home